Volunteer with us
"The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others." —Gandhi
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us.
We are grateful to the 800 volunteers who give more than 16,000 of service each year in our various programs and many of whom become deeply involved in the success of our work. We are excited to extend to you an opportunity to make your community a better place.
We invite you to donate your time, your talents, and your skills to bettering the lives of the most vulnerable living in our Spokane and Kootenai Counties. Please note that at Volunteers of America, we strive to be sensitive to the needs of all the individuals with whom we work. For this reason, we feel it is critical that we select volunteers that are able to connect well with our clients and amplify success in the volunteer work in which they are engaged.
No matter what kind of volunteer opportunity you choose—whether you provide a meal, sort clothing or offer your expertise—when you volunteer you will experience the joy of serving and make a difference that fosters positive change in our community.
Steps to Volunteering
- Determine which type of volunteer position is right for you.
- Send an email to email@example.com. Please include your contact information along with the volunteer position in which you are interested (choose from available positions or feel free to make a suggestion based on your own unique resources and expertise).
- You will then be contacted about your interests and attending a tour of the program or meeting with an onsite coordinator. The purpose of this visit is to determine if the opportunity is truly a good fit, both for you and the program.
- Next you will submit a formal volunteer application (which, for volunteer positions working directly with out clients, includes a background check). When your application is approved, you’re ready to…
- Start volunteering!
- For general volunteer questions, please contact
- Phone: 509.624.2378
- Fax: 509.241.1840