No veteran should have to worry about where they're going to sleep at night.
Veteran's Transitional Housing
Transitional Housing for Veterans Experiencing Homelessness
Who We Serve
Individuals who have served in the U.S. military.
Volunteers of America’s Transitional Living Program provides support for up to twenty chronically homeless. Referred primarily from Healthcare for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) these individuals deal with co-occurring issues of mental illness, substance use, and often also physical ailments.
What We Do
Empowering veterans for successful outcomes where compassionate stabilization meets a continuum of care.
Veterans served by this program will live in a newly refurbished single-family unit in a residential community, with nearby access to services and other residential amenities.
A Volunteers of America case manager will provide supportive services, helping each veteran assess their needs, stabilize their life and set goals within basic need areas such as:
- Access to Education
- Assistance with Legal Issues
- Clothing & Personal Hygiene
- Employment Readiness & Job Placement
- Financial & Healthcare Benefit Programs
- Life Skills (cooking, housekeeping, laundry services, budgeting, etc.)
- Mental Health Care
- Nutritional & Dietary Needs
- Physical Health & Access to Health Care
- Family Connections
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Vocational or Skills-Building
Learn more about the Home Depot Foundation's generous support of this program. https://www.voa.org/the-home-depot
Our current needs are:
- Interview clothing for men
- Hygiene wipes
- Dog food
- Cat food
For any questions or inquiries about donations please call 509-321-6401.
Visit our Amazon Wishlist to help veterans year-round. Your Amazon gift purchase will be shipped to
Ashley Becerra, the program manager of Veteran's Housing.
- Veteran's Housing | Address: 525 W 2nd Ave, Upper Level, Spokane, WA 99201 | Hours: Monday through Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm
- Phone: (509) 499-7258