Gifts of Stock
How it works
- You transfer appreciated securities to Volunteers of America of Eastern Washington & Northern Idaho.
- Volunteers of America of Eastern Washington & Northern Idaho sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
How you benefit
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income-tax deduction for the fair-market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital-gains tax on the securities you donate.
- You can direct your gift either where it is needed most or to a specific fund or purpose.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now or funding a life-income gift that benefits Volunteers of America later.
- For more information please contact
- Phone: 509.688.1104
- Fax: 509.241.1840